Sunday, July 20, 2014

Animazing

Shounen Hollywood Episode 2

Everytime Tesshi talks...I just want to say " Bullshit, Bullshit, Bullshit..." I think it's creepy to teach high school kids to follow some old president without question. Have they never watched a hentai before? Old guys are the scariest things in hentai....run young boys? Question authority...I am starting to like my pink haired megane more. I understand his position. Just do what I say and don't ask questions. Kimochi warui...

Please don't tell me this whole episode is going to be about buying tennis shoes. I understand less about what an idol means from watching this...I don't understand it at all. Perhaps, I too, am a normal person incapable of understanding idols. If I try to make a definition of the word from watching this show, I think I would have to say being an idol means, singing and dancing in unison and saying a bunch of embarrassing catch phrases....oh and looking good and wearing costumes. Have I hit the nail on the head? 

Oh, I guess this episode really was about shoes.....

Baby Steps Episode 1-16

No matter how much I despise NHK, and I despise them a lot, mostly because they are basically the media yakuza, they come to your house and charge you 30 dollars a month whether you have a TV or not...they are good at making educational anime. Some great examples are: Saiunkoku Monogatari and Bakuman. Their newest anime seems to be Baby Steps, a tennis anime. Of course, NHK always strives to teach something, so their good guys are always good and their bad guys, typically aren't so bad. Instead they have good sportsman rivalries where no one hates another person afterward. Usually the dramas they produce are long running and typically have a main character who is at first aimless and then becomes passionate about something, then uses their skills and personality to become good at it. That's what I like about them. They always teach us about something. Saiunkoku Monogatari taught about Chinese History, Politics, and Philosophy. Bakuman taught about the manga industry, and Baby Steps teaches about the game of tennis. I usually like the lead characters and I want to see them do well. NHK anime's have a slow calm pace and usually aren't very exciting, but they are interesting. The main characters are usually role model worthy. All and all, it's a good show so far for those reasons. 

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 2 

Yay! Ami is my favorite sailor scout! I am so excited to see her joining up. I can't wait to see if she still does that physically impossible pose. Still, really Sailor Moon, your crying is supposed to be a super power now....come on...okay, her pose is much more natural...you know as natural as a pose can be...where the heck is her Mercury Bubble?!! However, I can admit that her water attacks feel far more threatening then throwing bubbles at someone....but they made her crying ultrasonic, which I don't understand at all.... Well at the time Sailor Moon came out, there were no other stand alone female superheroes. Though no one would nor should they call her a feminist icon. I freaking love the show anyway and that opening theme always gets me pumped up! More Sailor Moon please!!! 

Ace of Diamond Episode 40

spoiler alert!!!! I can't believe they won!! That was a hard team to beat but they managed the win! This is the first time that I really saw Tanba-kun as the ace. I didn't know why he was considered good before, only that he was more experienced, but this was the first time I actually understood for myself how he came to be the ace. I am so excited that they will face another team and continue on. The fun of the show is that it's never really in the bag, because the main focus is on the freshman players. However, I really love it for that reason. It's also when Japanese endings come in handy, you know, when you actually get an ending ( Loveless!!)....I love Sawamura. I want to see him do well. I Am glad that he is loud, impulsive, and passionate. I like sports anime, not particularly because I like to watch sports. It's because they always make you want to is and be better, like superheroes without the super powers. Seriously, in Japanese anime superhero stories the hero is often on a journey to find or get something, make friends, and get stronger. Sports anime is the same only without fantastical elements and superpowers ( well...most of the time, Kuroko no Basket and Prince of Tennis...) how many times have I been told that Tezuka zone is impossible to learn...go Seido! Win at the Semi Finals!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment