Thursday, July 10, 2014

Back Once Again....

Unfortunately, there are times in life when you are encouraged to be an adult and set aside childish fancies for things others consider to be more meaningful. However, letting go of these things is not liberating. It does not release us or free us. Instead we get crushed by the oppression known as duty and expectation and lose what was once so good and lovely about ourselves.....in other words....

I am back. I am ready once again to dive head first into my hobbies and stay there. That boring life without them just isn't for me. I want to say I have truly learned my lesson and will never stray again...we shall see...

Anyway......

Here is what I plan to devote this blog and my precious free time to: exploring the beautiful world of 2D: anime, manga, dramatic CDs, video games, trips to Akiba and other Meccas, photo book reviews, events, and anything else I can think of. Basically whatever interests me within that basic framework of one of my favorite hobbies ( writing being another one). I hope you enjoy, you whoever is listening/ reading, if anyone. I appreciate your being here. If it's no one, I appreciate you not being here. I am pretty much equal opportunity that way.

The kind of stuff I like: I mostly go for sports anime, mecha, BL, Otome games, and megane danshi characters. ( glasses guys rule in both 2D and reality!!) Hey you! Yes, you! I love your glasses. I also include eye-patches and monocles in this. The world needs more glasses guys. Of course, I also root for glasses girls!!

Actually, this seems to be the best time to re-start this blog. The main reason being there is a hella- load of amazing anime coming out this season! Currently, I have committed myself to watching:

Free! Eternal Summer
Love Stage
Dramatical Murder
Sword Art Online 2
Sailor Moon Crystal
Shounen Hollywood

There are a few shows that are currently on probation. So, I might add to that list at a later date.
I am also watching some recurring series and some back series I missed. So, you may also here about:

Fairy Tale
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Hajime no Ippo
Ace of Diamond
Toradora
Haikyuu
Baby Steps
Valvrave 2

Shows on Break that I watch:

Space Brothers
Yowamushi Pedal
Kuroko no Basket

Continuing Manga series:

Random good looking BL
Skip Beat
Karnival
Ouran High School Host Club
Kyo Kara Maoh
Yotsubato
**i may be adding Yowamushi pedal to this list soon! I freaking love Yowamushi pedal.

There are probably more that I have missed, but I can just add to this as I go. There is so much good in the world and so little time. So, as Japan prepares for Neoguri. ( yes, i live in the promised land of anime!!)  I am strapping in, zoning out, and trying not to think about it. I am camping in. I have lots of work to do but a lot of great things to experience!

Finally, Welcome Back!! It's been a long time. Let's celebrate with a song:

Welcome Back,
Your dreams were your ticket out,
Welcome back,
To the same old place that you laughed about,
Though the names have all changed since you've come around,
But those dreams have remained since you've hung around...


No comments:

Post a Comment