Thursday, July 10, 2014

I really should be working right now.....isn't there a tropical storm coming....

Not The Megane-kun!!

Oh, Shonen Hollywood! I don't know why it has become popular to make the Megane-kun character the butt of all the jokes with a serious personality, but it just makes me sad. It looks like pink-haired Shun is going to be just like Ryugazaki Rei from Free and Kaname from Kimi to Boku. It really makes me sad. I prefer the serious personality that is a little awkward but good at everything. I like Shun's one liners though. It seems like my favorite character is going to be leader, Amaki Ikuma. I like that he is a sukoshi baka but looks so tough and cool on stage. I like Kakeru and Mii okay. I feel like Kakeru is going to be like Haruka from Free, Kira is Nagisa, Shun is Rei and ....I guess Mii is going to be Sousuke. I haven't met Sousuke yet, but I am looking forward to it. Or maybe he will be Rin....

I like Kira's Dad! More Kira's dad, please! Maki used to be a Yankee boy! I like him even more now. Yep, I am pretty sure Maki despite his lack of megane is going to be my favorite idol. Moving Shun down to number two. For an opening episode it was okay. I mean there wasn't much to it really, but the opener really just exists to introduce everybody, so it was cool. These shows are more about your love of the characters anyway, more than they are about plot. Another example would be, Brother's  Conflict, which makes a better game than an anime. Of course it does! For the main reason, you cannot pretend the events are happening to you. They are happening to the girl in the show instead. It takes away some of the joy, naturally. I say that but I am glad they made the anime. I am glad I could see them that way. It was good for me. It was a cute show and I didn't have to think hard about it. That's okay. Once in a while, we need a show like that. 

SAO ( Sword Art Online ) 2, Episode 1

This also makes me happy and sad. Happy, because I loved the first (two?) seasons of SAO. I am confused why this is called 2 and not 3 but whatever. I love Kirito and Asuna. I love that Asuna was just as good at games as Kirito was, despite him having to save her. He didn't have to save her because she was a bad player. She was targeted and trapped. I like how they fell in love and how they saved each other. Asuna saved Kirito in Reality, from spending his life as a hikkomori. It's partly in thanks to her that he went back into society, while Kirito saved her from the virtual world, where she was trapped. Beautiful. So, why sad? Easy. Doesn't this mean they will be trapped again? That they didn't get their happy ever after? That they must face more insurmountable challenges and overcome them?Sometimes, you go through a journey with someone and you just want to see them be happy. They deserve it. That's how I feel here. I am happy the show is back because it was really good. The same person that did it also did Accel World, another favorite, that was revolutionary for it's good stories and really interesting main characters. There aren't many short fat protagonists in the world of anime. It would only be more revolutionary if instead he was a girl, but then I have a feeling it would only pass as a gag manga. 

Back to SAO, why would Kirito want to go back? I think if all that happened to me I would be off video games forever. Why not just walk away? Why put yourself in harm's way when things are going well. What is there to gain? Is this seriously just for money? Kirito, you are better than that. You're not gonna tell Asuna?!! You're an idiot, Kirito! Who the hell are you now!! Crying into pillow....Sword Art online has a way of growing on you and and dragging you in. The ending credits look exciting and I am hyped up! 


Oh well...Welcome Back, SAO...

Love Stage Episode 1

I have been waiting for this with baited breath. I have been reading the manga for quite a while, so I know the story. It's a Shonen Ai goody!! Up there with Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi and Junjo Romantica. Cute and Funny, and now an anime! Ahh Daisuke Hirakawa! You could be my manager anyday!! I love your voice! This is as great as the manga! I love it! It kept the same spirit! I want more, more, more! Kanpeki! If your not watching this, you should be!! Keep your eye on the bear- cat drawings...mmmmm....raunchy....

Izumi-kun, you are so cute!! Tee-hee...

Izumi wa bijin!! Rei, I love you! I want more Love Stage!! These episodes are way too short. I said the same thing about the manga though! It's so good. It's kind of like the way I can never get enough Skip Beat. The characters are great! The story is great! I am still shocked that they didn't continue the anime of Skip Beat longer. It only got more interesting as it moved forward. They should make another season. Shoujo is really hit or miss for me in general. It's really easy for it to get stuck in a boring pattern or only having a surface level plot, but when it's done well, it's done really well, like Fruits Basket, Clannad, Skip Beat, and Saiunkoku Monogatari. Good anime is so awesome! 

Dramatical Murder Episode 1 

I am not usually a fan of anime that comes from video games. They speed through the story and don't flush out their plots very well, yet I am still watching a few and gave enjoyed the ones I watched. I think they intentionally leave you unsatisfied so that you will go out and by the game. I guess that's why I don't expect much from Shounen Hollywood and it reinforces my feelings for Brother's Conflict. Still, when it comes to Dramatical Murder...I am just not sure. It's based on a great Yaoi game, where a bunch of guys are fighting over the chance to land Aoba-kun. Some consequences are good, sad, strange, painful, etc. it's a great game. I highly recommend it. The show looks good so far. Though I know it will be toned down and not contain the ecchi stuff, but well we have the game for now. Will Omertà get an anime, too? I think if Dramatical Murder can get one...Omertà should be able too. Those who speak the language of the promised land, please let me know if that is in the works. 

All and all, it looks like this season is shaping up to be awesome!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment