Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Another one bites the dust....

HOkay, one line in and I am calling it a draw....oh sorry this is Sword Art online 2 Episode 4....

He's going there for no other reason than there is a 1% chance that someone might be killing other people in a video game he knows nothing about and they have no hostages! not his girlfriend! not his sister, not his cute little computer-generated daughter. Look I agree, the writer is terrific. I loved the characters and the shows, but I will wait for the reviews to see if it's any good. I cannot seem to suspend my suspension of disbelief on this one....can't they just bring back yowamushi pedal already!! 

Ace of Diamond Episode 44 

It never fails to excite me! I love it! I sincerely hope Seido makes it to nationals. I would love to see Sawamura pitch at Koshien. That was enough to relax me from my longing for more of the Korean drama, Jang Bori is here and Yowamushi Pedal...at least for a little while. 

Baby Steps Episode 19

Ummm....you're playing against a pro. Why do you expect to be any good when you only started playing a year ago. Don't let it crush your confidence. I mean he is genuinely depressed when his strategies don't work out. However, that's probably why he keeps improving. I do like NHKs strategy of making seemingly ordinary personality traits an asset to making successful people. This show us better than it first appeared to be. Also, they always stress the slow and steady strategy. They show the hard work involve and not just a montage, which is why their series are usually so long. They show gradual improvement and hard work. I guess that is expected for the company entrusted with educating Japan through public television. Still, it's expensive and I hate paying for it.....brooding.....but since I did, I am watching it hard! Watching things like this make me want to work harder, too. That's why I started to really like sports anime the best. It's like epic Shounen anime, with limited human ability. They win or lose, they practice and challenge, sometimes in sports you have to lose and make mistakes in order to get better. You don't need villains, friendly rivalry is enough. The drama comes naturally from the game, without hurting anybody. I never noticed this about sports before, or I think I would have tried harder to play. 

If it's one thing I appreciate about Japan it's their tradition of diving into something and putting lots of effort into it. In America, we put our yards in many different pots looking for one that suits us best. In Japan, you find something and you focus on getting as far as you can in it. Neither strategy is wrong and I find occasions to champion both, but it would be nice, I think to have a long experience in doing something and to enjoy putting forth effort into that thing. I don't have much experience in that, since I am flaky. 

Dramatical Murder Episode 6 

Oh Mizuki, you let go of Obachan! Man, I love this show. It's creepy monocle man! I hate that he is so scraggly. A megane man should always be clean cut, even an older one. What's with this?! Where the hell did Mizuki go? Oh....poor Mizuki...never join groups named after hard drugs..and what's with that name, Dry Juice? Juice is anything but dry. I don't get it. Why did I need to see two shots of Mink drinking coffee and facing away from everyone? Let's just pretend he isn't there. Ba-chan is lying...that ahh..gives it all away, but I still love you. I am sure everything else is true exposition. I love you megane secretsry. That's how a true megane us supposed to be, monocle man, you should be taking notes. Clean cut, short hair, beautiful glasses, darn near perfection...man, I want a superpower like that. With that I could control the world! Poor Aoba, that's a lot of weight on your shoulders. Still, that power is cool, you should be happier about it. I love that the police in this world are just like the police in real life, corrupt and dangerous, not to be trusted....I guess truth really is stranger than fiction. Another great episode. 

Love Stage Episode 6 

No matter how much I love Rei, my mind is elsewhere. I revisited The game known as Naked Butler today, and revisited my favorite chara-- Sakuma-San, yes his refined butler-esque persona. I don't know why I love uptight Japanese megane butlers....I just do! Ren sort of reminds me of Sakuma, but he's no Sakuma. He's much more honest and crass, but just as caring and dedicated. You can't help but like him. I really want a personal secretary. I think that's what it boils down to....like to love....

You really thought Izumi was gonna be excited about debuting. You know he has his heart set on being a manga-ka. Oh , Izumi....I love this show! It's like Rei just exists to crush his dreams. Man, there is nothing scarier than facing the editor head on. They should at least let you go home and look at it after you leave. I felt the same way when I saw scenes like that in Bakuman. It just feels so confrontational. But, the entertainment business is always a hard one not only to get into, but to stay in once you are in...or so I've been told. 

Good little Izumi...run into Ryouma's arms....and freakin stay there. The one who loves the most is the loser. Ryouma is so serious about him too, hahaha he totally flashed Ryoma...boyfriend shirt! He's in my bed with no undies! Test of wills, Ryouma...endure. Ryouma's second confession!! Izumi, you can't just tell the person you love you will be with them to solve your problems. 



No comments:

Post a Comment