Friday, August 8, 2014

Countless Questions

Seriously, What is up with Psycho Pass 2, Episode 1????

Are they really just revamping the same story that came out a year ago?! I hope not, I have to admit the series itself was kind of boring. The concept was good and the characters were interesting when actually given the time and space to explore them, but mostly, it was just the main chick, who I am sorry is stereotypically boring and a detective story, which I hate. I hate detective stories. Mind you I watch them sometimes, like detective Conan, but even then I watch it for the funny parts, the characters, and to see him finally become older again. I know in General, Japan has a thing for Detective stories. I say it speaks to the culturally meticulous nature of the people. However, I don't like them, so a good story and cool characters are necessary for my attention. Maybe they will start off like Kuroshitsuji, one episode is the same, and then it gets into a different story. However, I doubt it. So, what exactly is the deal? I thought it would be a sequel. 

I am feeling disappointed....so, I really hope I am proved wrong soon or at least pleasantly surprised. 

Shounen Hollywood episode 4 

So, Kira is a perfectionist. He tries hard and gets criticized for not trying hard enough. It seems to me that God is causing all the problems in the group because he cannot let go of who he was back when he was an idol. So, they explain his huge age difference by saying he was thirty seven and they thought he was seventeen...I call bullshit! I have seen some Japanese women and men that look younger than their age...a lot younger but that is a stretch. Especially for a slice of life anime. The rules are different than in a gag or supernatural anime. 

As I venture forward attempting to figure out the plot, I have come up with a simple formula. Slowly, but surely the boy idol stage show known as Shounen Hollywood is about to reopen it's doors with new idols to replace the originals. The originals were famous but most of them basically faded into obscurity, yet they continue to come back to the original theater to influence the lives of the new performers and reminisce. The new performers, instead of being chosen based on their own merits are chosen because of their likeness to an original member, and God, the president is there to torture them and make them feel bad about themselves so that they can "learn" something. I still think it's pretty boring. 

So we are going to get a half-assed glimpse into their personalities and then what? That's what I don't get. Really, I get frustrated because these episodes don't do what they are set out to do. They don't teach me about the characters, only their ambition. It all feels superficial and glossed over. Perhaps my problem is I am not a true enthusiast of idol culture. I like certain songs and groups, but like everything, there is a deeper philosophy and way of life that seems to be over my head. I just cannot take it as seriously as they would want me to, which is why I think maybe I shouldn't be watching it. Maybe it's not an anime for people like me. Maybe I am too old for it. I may have to give up on this one....

Love Stage Episode 5 

Oh Izumi, you really should find an art partner if you want to make a manga. Most people won't go for such crudely drawn figures in this day and age, but so long as your story is good, you have a chance. I would love to read Izumi's  anime and see if it has a good story. I just can't really imagine it no matter how hard I try. He's so dramatic. 

Oh Ryouma! I just love you. Your lack of pride, your beautiful turbo apologies, the way you brute force your way into Izumi's life...your delusional praise of his terrible drawing skills. His manga ka friends faces were priceless. I still feel bad. It's like Izumi is taking advantage of Ryouma's love, but he doesn't innocently without evil intent. I have done this before. It's hard to know and understand when someone is being super kind to you and whether or not it means something more. It's no one's fault, but you can't put your guard down Izumi...that's how you get kissed in your sleep...your lucky Ryouma is such a good boy...or such a busy boy, or it may have been much worse....


BL Rules!! Love Stage is great! It's been completely faithful to the manga thus far. If it continues this way , which would be for the best in my opinion. It will probably get 12 episodes and if we are lucky after about a year a season 2, this way it will let the manga get ahead and stay ahead of it. Perhaps an OVA. 

Dramatical Murder Episode 4 

Whatever that guy in the megane wants...give it to him. How I would love to be trapped in the back of that car with him. I love the scary sadistic type meganes like him. The fact that he is the only character that dresses and looks normally makes him stand out even more. He is the Alec character in his family of hippies ( family ties) . Yes, that guy is wearing a monocle. It makes him look like a side villain especially with that Victorian style top. I wouldn't trust him to make me a sandwich. Oh, there are are people who dress normally in this anime? I thought everyone would look all futuristic. Maybe it's a young person thing. That makes sense. I love you, Clear and your jellyfish song. Please, sing more. What do you have to do to get a Clear, because I really want one. 

Yay, the twins!! ( That aren't twins...) I cannot think of them without thinking of that rather bad end they put you through. They seem so sweet, but they are not sweet. They are terrible. Terrible and wonderful...this game is kind of lame for the world that they live in, but that's exactly what Aoba just said. Four episodes in and the anime us still good. This may be one of the best of the best so far as anime/ video game adaptations go. It doesn't feel as rushed as others but we shall see. They still don't explain a lot for newbies, but I get that some of it is for later reveals, but they could have text scrolled some of the basic set up for episode one. Eh...maybe that suggestion is too steeped in us culture. 

Sword Art Online 2 Episode 3 

 I keep asking myself, why? Why was this made? What is it's purpose? I like the new important to the story arch girl, Asada. She is cute and wears glasses. It's strange she has a trauma against guns but carries guns in the game. I don't really get that. However, her story is a lot like Kirito's little sister's in the last one. Cute girl, weak guy that likes her, has a problem she needs to overcome. So why is Kirito going through all of this when he is happy and content? He and Asuna have a loving relationship inside and outside of reality...so why? Just to save people he doesn't know? For money? Is he supposed to be a video game superhero now? 

Okay so Asada explained that the gun game is a sort of gun therapy for her. Why not see a real psychologist? Why does everyone expect her to handle her problems on her own and live with her PTSD? If they have enough to send her to private school they should have enough to send her to therapy. No way, does playing a video game help you overcome that kind of trauma?


Kuroshitsuji 2 Book of Circus Episode 3 

If this has to do with making fun of Ciel, I am totally okay with that! I love it when Sebastian gets to laugh and smile. I am still mad at the ending, so any fun we can have at Ciel's expense is fine by me.Hahaha, Ciel's nickname is smile. It really was enduringly cute. Yay! First they brought back the Indian prince for five minutes and now, William! My William! Will he be more of a main, I really hope so! I just love him! I am super excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment